IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

DB6, Error updating E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Windows 10

Hello,

Driver Booster 6.0.2.639 has some sort of problem trying to update a E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller on a Windows 10 platform. In the update window, the driver appears at the top of the list and has a status of "Update." When I click on Update, the status changes to "Updating" for a minute or two,, then back to "Update," i.e. the driver didn't really updates. There was no error message and no other info about the error anywhere I looked in DB6

In the "Details" popup, driver info is listed as

Current: 9.0.0.46, 08/31/2017

Available: 1.6.2148.0, 07/27/2018

Publisher: Rivet Networks LLC

I accessed the installed driver via the Windows Device Manager, and found that the version number and date agreed with the "current" info, 9.0.0.46, 08/31/2017.

I tried the Device Manager "Update Now" button and selected the "Search automatically..." option. After a few seconds, Windows returned the message "Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed."

So:

1. DB6 detects a newer E2400 driver but cannot install it for some unknown reason. No error message, just the "Update" status returning,

2. In the DB6 "Driver Update History" popup, the E2400 shows a status of "Installed." This contradicts the "Update Now" display and the Windows Device Manager.. No available info in the :History popup..

3. Windows Device Manager says nothing about a newer driver, and that the best one is already installed. That's the current one, 9.0.0.46.

Any idea what's causing this? Is there an option somewhere in DB6 to view error messages and/or logs?

FWIW the machine is an AlienWare 17 R3.

Thanks for your time,

Alan Mintaka

"I believe that a leaf of grass

is no less than the journey-work of the stars"

--Walt Whitman

UPDATE: SOLVED, I think.

Driver and software versions from the Killer Networking website (killernetworking.com) are screwy. The latest driver for the E2400 is version 9.0.0.49, 8/30/2018, according to Killer.

This is newer than the "Current" version shown by DB6, 9.0.0.46, 08/31/2017.in my previous message. However it does not agree with what DB6 reported as the "Available" version, 1.6.2148.0, 07/27/2018.

king, installed it. No installation errors, runs OK.

So now:

1. SB6 reports the correct version and labels it as "Up-to-date". The problem appears to be resolved.

2. DB6 was no help in solving it. I had to manually download and install the latest driver from the mfgr's website. DB6 was unable to do this.

correct version, because I was able do it manually.

That's about it. There is still some kind of problem with DB6 that, in at least one case, requires manual workaround. Now here's some system info I forgot to include in my first post:

PC: Dell Alienware 17 R3

(unrelated - I think - notes for other Killer Networking users: Killer has included an update for their client app, "Killer Control Center" with the driver. You have to manually uninstall the previous program, Killer Network Manager, because the installation returns an error but doesn't uninstall it automatically. After installation the client app doesn't run with the new driver in the same package. "Service not running" is the only message, no service name or other info. Other users are reporting the same thing in the comment section of the download page. Killernetworking looks like a hack outfit).

Have a good one,

Alan Mintaka

--Walt Whitman

UPDATE: SOLVED, I think.

Driver and software versions from the Killer Networking website (killernetworking.com) are screwy. The latest driver for the E2400 is version 9.0.0.49, 8/30/2018, according to Killer.

This is newer than the "Current" version shown by DB6, 9.0.0.46, 08/31/2017.in my previous message. However it does not agree with what DB6 reported as the "Available" version, 1.6.2148.0, 07/27/2018.

king, installed it. No installation errors, runs OK.

So now:

1. SB6 reports the correct version and labels it as "Up-to-date". The problem appears to be resolved.

2. DB6 was no help in solving it. I had to manually download and install the latest driver from the mfgr's website. DB6 was unable to do this.

correct version, because I was able do it manually.

That's about it. There is still some kind of problem with DB6 that, in at least one case, requires manual workaround. Now here's some system info I forgot to include in my first post:

PC: Dell Alienware 17 R3

(unrelated - I think - notes for other Killer Networking users: Killer has included an update for their client app, "Killer Control Center" with the driver. You have to manually uninstall the previous program, Killer Network Manager, because the installation returns an error but doesn't uninstall it automatically. After installation the client app doesn't run with the new driver in the same package. "Service not running" is the only message, no service name or other info. Other users are reporting the same thing in the comment section of the download page. Killernetworking looks like a hack outfit).

Have a good one,

Alan Mintaka

--Walt Whitman

Hi AlanMintaka?

If you encounter any problem about Driver Booster in future, please help us look into this issue as the steps below:

1. Specify this problem with more details, or screenshots of error messages and related information.

2. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com.

We will look into this problem and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for understanding.

Archived