No announcement yet.

Problems booting - screen jumping after using ASC3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The inconsistency made me think of RAM. Still you can try, as it may be incompatability of different RAM (1GB-250MB)which may not be shown by Memtest..

Please have a look here for NVIDIA Bios Editing. May be it is another thing to try if it is compatible with your hardware.

Cheers.
    enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

I tried loading my bios into that program...then everything froze. The Realtek speaker icon in the taskbar displayed the message, "a jack is unplugged." I manually turned the computer off...now I cannot get past the Emachines splash screen that displays the options for BIOS settings or Boot options. Neither of those work...BIOS only loads some, then totally stops. The XP disc doesn't work either...how can I boot into Windows?

I am using an old, highly unreliable PC at the moment....since I cannot get on the other computer.

EDIT: After waiting, the computer decided to show the choose boot device menu...I chose the master hard drive and it booted...though with the usual "fireworks" I've been getting on most startups.

I'm thinking about trying a new power supply. I've read Thermaltake is pretty good...what is your opinion? Please go here to see what I have stock: http://parts.emachines.com/sys_lookup.asp. The model for my CPU is T6216.

As mentioned before, I appreciate all the help I'm getting. I am used to being able to figure out most of the stuff...whether by my own troubleshooting or by searching for help on the net...but this is frustrating to no end.

EDIT AGAIN: While I was on the internet looking for fixes...just browsing the internet, the screen got all jumbled...but no blue screen. Now I cannot get the computer to boot at all. I've tried probably 30 times. It powers up, you can hear everything running (and see it since I have the case open), but the monitor is in standby and the keyboard lights don't blink...only Number lock is lit. I tried moving the jumper to clear CMOS, nothing. I tried different RAM combinations, nothing.
      Last edited by mightypecan; Apr. 8th, 2009, 04:14.

Comment

I am out of ideas mightypecan, is it possible for you to visually check the motherboard to see if there is any burned out electronics? In the mean time, you can check the cards if there is any which is not seated correctly.

I'm not familiar with the power supplies, so I would take the advice of the shop.
        enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

I installed a Thermaltake PSU and it still doesn't make a difference. I recently learned that the computer programmer for the company I work for plays on the softball team with me...I've only been there 5 weeks, so I still don't know many people. Anywho, I'm taking the tower to him tomorrow. I was planning on taking it somewhere this weekend, but I figure he can save me a little green. I'll be sure to keep you folks updated...especially those of you who have taken the time to suggest solutions. You all are much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X