IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartDefrag stopped with results "No Continuous Space", Folder is still 8% fragmented

Hou_JaI

Dear all, I just completed defrag on my game folder but regardless what options i chose, Smart, Fully Optimize, Full Prioritize. in the end the result still left 8% fragmented with the message "No Continuous Space".

Kindly please advice how can i completely defrag the folder? My HDD is 1 Tera, used ~760 GB, left ~240 GB

Thank you.

Hi Hou_JaI,

To help you out of the problem, please send us the related screenshots for us to look into.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD4InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hello Hou_JaI,

We have analyzed the info. Even though you have enough free space but they are not continuous free space so our current Smart Defrag cannot defrag the large files. We will improve the defrag mechanism in Smart Defrag 5 to solve this situation.

Have a good day!

Hi Cicely, its ok, i have fixed it. I have removed a large chunk of unwanted files. Then i proceed to perform full defrag of my hard drive, before i defrag the game folder.

Nows there are 0% fragmentation :D thanks!

Hi Cicely, its ok, i have fixed it. I have removed a large chunk of unwanted files. Then i proceed to perform full defrag of my hard drive, before i defrag the game folder.

Nows there are 0% fragmentation :D thanks!

Hi Hou_JaI,

Glad to hear that. Cheers!:-)

Archived