IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disabling my Windows Update

I have Security Essentials but nothing is happening with that, its shutting my Windows Auto Updater off..

I just updated my Advanced System Care and downloaded the Iobit Game Booster. Everytime I've launched the booster, I get a message from my action center saying my Windows Update Automatically has been turned off.

How can I fix this? I

Yes first time using the booster tonite, it launched after download and I got the first notification, I manually turned on Win Update.

Several minutes later, I relaunched the booster for set up and I got another message. I turned on Win Update again.

I decided to try a game with the booster, I launched it and I got another notice.

This started only right after downloading the booster.

O.K.

It appears your windows update service is functioning normally. I an not familiar with GB. This may very well be a by-product of GB.

I believe others will post on this... just keep looking back in.

Meanwhile (if too bothersome) just cut off the automatic windows updater and remember to check for updates everyday.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

HEYYYY!!! I was just thinking that maybe the booster did what its suppose to do. It turned off some of the processes and maybe Win Update is one of those processes. I have my Win Updat to auto update and install and I know in the past when playing a game or even just surfing the web that if my computer had slowed or bogged down that the updater is running. Could that be it?? It makes sense, right?

I hadnt gotten that far yet, lol.. after I realized what was happening, I freaked came online, searched and it brought me here. I will go play around with it right now and see what happens.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it, immensely!! :grin:

Open GB, click Configure, click the down arrow for Unnecessary Services, untick Background Intelligent Transfer Service, click down arrow for Others, untick Turn off Automatic Updates.

Click Apply Button.

When you Boost, your Windows Updates will be working even if you are playing a game boosted by GB.

Cheers.

Archived