IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

computer still slow

Smudgeboss

I have a laptop with top end ram and processor (for 18months ago when I bought it), that is an i7 with 8 gig ram. I have used ASC Pro for about a year now, but fiind my computer is still getting slow. It is taking longer to process application start ups and even to open files. What do I need to do? I often (if not usually) shut it down with ASC either deep care or quick care.

Thanks for the advice

Hi Smudgeboss, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Do you defragment your drive once in a while with optimization?

Is your process protection on in your A/V (McAfee)? Turn it off and see if it helps.

Also try to change your A/V to see if it helps.

In time, there seems to be a lot of programs putting themselves in startup and running at the background.

Please check in your Task Manager if any useless processes are running! Stop them in startup if you think you don't need them running at the background.

Cheers.

Thanks for your reply enoskype:

Defrag is set up as part of my Deepcare so probably defragged 2x /week.

I looked in McAfee re process protection. I don't expect you to know this program intimately but not sure what you mean here. The self protection of McAfee? not sure how to turn it off.

I will eliminate unnecessary processes and see if that helps in general.

Should have known that last one.

Thanks again.

Hi Smudgeboss!

So you are running McAfee!

Have you limited your start up programs within your windows?? Through your Windows control panel even?

Have you cleansed your system of unnecessary files? Have you removed all your toolbars?

How can we help?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. have you considered removing and replacing the McAfee???? (It's a Big [Mac] Mc. with a fee):shock:

Hi Smudgeboss,

It will be helpful if we know your preferences for the defragmentation of ASC.

Although not using now, I have used McAfee more than 10 years, so there is an option in the protection section that functions to protect the other processes. Apart from causing other programs to run slow, specially it made defragmentation very slow.

Certainly using it a year ago last, I am not aware of the latest developments in McAfee.

My decision to use other A/V software was it's extremely heavy burden on the PCs that I was using.

Cheers.

Archived