IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Repair Now? How? [Solved]

jgandalf

I have the free version. Is there *any* way I can do any repairs from here?

Or do I have to spring for the PRO version (which is the indication I get from the program)? If so, this software ain't free, and the advertizing hype is just that.

HI jgandalf! Welcome to the Iobit forums.

spring for the PRO version (which is the indication I get from the program)

You don't have to pay to use the most useful functions of ASC... they are in the free version.

You can certainly run the free versions of Iobit software. They will run...just launch them.

If you are having difficulty launching them then you probably have non-Iobit issues.

What do you mean by "repair"???! Repair what? What is the problem and issue... please describe.

Sincerely.

-Mel

Live long and prosper

"What do you mean by "repair"???! Repair what? What is the problem and issue... please describe."

Well, when I run a scan, ASC finds various issues it reports as problems. There is a BIG button on that page that reads "REPAIR". When I press it, the only response is a window that opens and wants me to upgrade to the PRO version.

I've looked & looked and can find no way to make the program do any repairs without invoking the upgrade window. Even within the upgrade window there is no visible way to do the repair functions without paying.

So, what is the answer?

Hi jgandalf... I am redeemed.

So the repair now button leads you to an upgrade prompt as well??

As you are a new user of ASC... I think you must have a corrupt install.

Please do a clean install of ASC following the guidelines here and here. The newest version of ASC is here.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. On a side note... do you use Iobit Gamebooster? {unrelated}

Thanks!

Well, I did the regular Uninstall (that is part of the ASC group) and downloaded the latest version. Installed it and it's working as I expected it. Thanks for your help!

P.S. On a side note... do you use Iobit Gamebooster? {unrelated}

No, I don't see much use for it, as I don't play games.

I will get IOBit's Uninstaller, though.

Joe

Archived