IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto Defrag

enci

Hi,

I installed the new 1.0 version on my PC with Vista.

The defrag feauture work very well but the Auto Defrag stats are always set to 'never executed'.

I usually leave my PC on for hours so I don't understand the reason...Any suggestion?

Thx

Hi enci, hi askay,

After enabling Smart defrag by checking the checkbox, will you please try again increasing the value for resource usage to 100%, and decreasing the value for System idle time to 1 minute under "Settings" in "Auto Defrag" section and click "Apply".

After closing all of the other applications, try to monitor through Task Manager, the CPU usage for a while (>2 minutes).

Please post again if there is any change.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it just me or auto defrag always defragments just first drive in system if there are more of them (physical and also partitions on them).

Same thing here. Have one drive, two partitions. Despite having both checked in Auto Defrag, It only ever defrags the first boot partition.

Any ideas about this? This is a deal breaker for me...

hi lkvindl

By me - manually - it always defrag D: first, but as I do not use it much, it is seldom fragmented and the defragmentation there only takes a split second, then it jumps to the c: drive and defragment that, afterwards I can read the report for both drives by activating the appropriate tab.

Cheers

solbjerg

Same thing here. Have one drive, two partitions. Despite having both checked in Auto Defrag, It only ever defrags the first boot partition.

Any ideas about this? This is a deal breaker for me...

Hi Antarctica

There is a slider that regulates when the defragmentation stops, it is as standard set to 40%.

I all depends what one means by idle!

Cheers

solbjerg

On my computer Auto Defrag seems to be working but the problem is that it start working even if the computer has not been idle.:?

Anyway I would like to be able to set the delay for more than 10 minutes.

Archived