IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is it just me or is it SUPPOSED to do that? 0.o?

cmjf0013

NO I am not harry potter, but I do feel like a wizard with the stuff I have done with this computer, AND I have learned so much about them, I have even come accross a program that I can play console games on here, so I mean, its alot of unexplored territory with computers that most pc users have never nor will ever try to look into it, I have gotten several things set up on here to test that program, but I am having a bit of a problem.

I recently got into mine craft, but when I have been using this pc a while its cpu is getting higher, like when I'm playing minecraft, I will get a reading of 99% sometimes in my cpu counter thing that comes built in the stock task manager, now I know there is a program I can use for the ram, getting more ram back out of my system, I use the IObits program "Smart RAM" built in to advanced system care 5 (NOT SURE if I should upgrade to 6 or not) but is there a program that I can use to get more cpu out? I quit the game and imidiately it stops and drops to its normal 0% to 10%, but when I was using sony vegas, my cpu would only run that high when I was doing it all night, and that program required alot more out of my system than this game does, why is it saying that its that high? I have no clue.

SO the questions I ask are,

1. Is there a program I can use to "boost" my CPU for more effective game play/usage

2. Is the CPU topping out like that from system errors, and if so, what can I do about that?

Guest Guest

1. Game Booster would be worth a shot. And I don't see any harm in upgrading to ASC6.

2. Doubt it, you can format and reinstall if you're really concerned you have something.

1. Game Booster would be worth a shot. And I don't see any harm in upgrading to ASC6.

2. Doubt it, you can format and reinstall if you're really concerned you have something.

I will definatly try the asc6 I like the idea of that, but for now I'm going to figure it out, as for game booster, I use it for internet sometimes, but I hardly use it for games, unless its an older game because of how many resources it uses to run, I have everything shut down, but your right, it MIGHT not be a bad idea, maybe it can shut down something that I don't see running, so I'll try that, lol

Hi everybody... just so you know cmjf0013 is running 512 MB of RAM and a 10 year old single core processor.

From cmjf0013's member profile:

processor Intel® Celron® M CPU 410 @ 1.46GHz

Memory 502MB RAM

@CJ I'm not trying to be mean or anything!:grin: You can only expect so much with your hardware configuration!! You know this.:shock: To help everybody out... please advise them of your basic system specs when you open a thread of this type. Many member's don't look at your member profile before they post. I often forget to look when I think I know what's going on.:shock:

Thanks!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi everybody... just so you know cmjf0013 is running 512 MB of RAM and a 10 year old single core processor.

@CJ I'm not trying to be mean or anything!:grin: You can only expect so much with your hardware configuration!! You know this.:shock: To help everybody out... please advise them of your basic system specs when you open a thread of this type. Many member's don't look at your member profile before they post. I often forget to look when I think I know what's going on.:shock:

Thanks!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I always forget to tell them, always assume they know for some odd reason, like they check out my specs on there, sorry about that melvin deal, and thanks lol, and that memory lead he was talking about, he means "leak" right?

I always forget to tell them, always assume they know for some odd reason, like they check out my specs on there, sorry about that melvin deal, and thanks lol, and that memory lead he was talking about, he means "leak" right?

Hi Cj... He did mean memory leak...he was trying to think of what would drive your processor to that point!! but he didn't know about your RAM or processor situation so they...(Laptop and masterblaster) posted to the best of their ability! Masterblaster is much appreciated by me because if an issue comes up concerning GB... all I have to do is steer it to him. Laptop is dilligent and perseveres... you go!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Cj... He did mean memory leak...he was trying to think of what would drive your processor to that point!! but he didn't know about your RAM or processor situation so they...(Laptop and masterblaster) posted to the best of their ability! Masterblaster is much appreciated by me because if an issue comes up concerning GB... all I have to do is steer it to him. Laptop is dilligent and perseveres... you go!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

well I must say they are such amazing ppl, I do have some odd problems croping up since the storm that hit us, do you remember me saying something about my cpu being melted, out house was struck by lightenening, and I was shocked bad, my arms were both numb for about 20 minutes after, now since I notived it, I seen the cpu chip was burned looking and kind of warped, I can't figur eit out, do you think that when the lightening struck and came out through my room and my computer, do you think it comming through the cpu had anything to do with me not getting hurt worse than I did? I mean, it blew all breakers and also broke the fan in the kitchen, IN THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE, and then also blew my lamp up, nothing I had in my room was on a surge protector, which I use now.

I know it messed the cpu up, but is the reason I am not hurt because it came out through the cpu and not through another part of the computer? I was tingly for like I said, almost half an hour lol

Well, I did mean "memory Leak" (bad me) but considering your electrical issues, you likely have damage caused by the lighting. I had a lightening strike that fried my MOBO. I tried to replace components but finally came to the realization that it basically ruined my whole computer and router. I since invested in a good surge protector and I unplug during big storms.

Good luck with yours.

Well, I did mean "memory Leak" (bad me) but considering your electrical issues, you likely have damage caused by the lighting. I had a lightening strike that fried my MOBO. I tried to replace components but finally came to the realization that it basically ruined my whole computer and router. I since invested in a good surge protector and I unplug during big storms.

Good luck with yours.

thanks lol, I'm needing it, its working great considering what happened, I'm surprised about it, I'm not sure if yoru the praying type, but wish me luck and pray, I'm so close to a new job so I can get so many thigns fixed, new pc, truck, house, and all that I am so excited, lol

Archived