IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cloned File scanner advanced system care 6 Beta 1.0

cmjf0013

I have gotten over 1000 files that have clones, I don't see any way to delete more than one program at a time, I see that as a bit of a problem and I also find several files that are cloned saying that I need the regular OS disk that came with my computer (impossible I might add) and when I click no, it says are you sure? some files have been replaced with ones that the computer does not recognize and that I need to put the original files on to imporve stability (I'm not worried about that, I'm oging to google the souloution to that after thsi messsage) but I figured I'd say what I found out in the scanner

Please I'm not complainging, just giving feed back, so don't hate on me too much, thanks guys

PS: I started the scan at 11 my time, its 12:37 and I'm still manually deleting files, I find thsi really annoying so I will wait to finish that job till I find out if I'm doing this right or if it don't support this many files, 1000 files, and some of those had 290 coppies... lol

Clone files

Hi :smile:

Caution:

Some clone files are necessary, so, every clone file needs to be thoroughly researched to see that it is definitely not needed before it is deleted.

That is why you can't 'Select All' (bulk delete)

I advise you stay away from deleting clone files unless you are experienced and have an image backup.

You will not gain much space anyway

All the best, woz of oz

Hi :smile:

Caution:

Some clone files are necessary, so, every clone file needs to be thoroughly researched to see that it is definitely not needed before it is deleted.

That is why you can't 'Select All' (bulk delete)

I advise you stay away from deleting clone files unless you are experienced and have an image backup.

You will not gain much space anyway

All the best, woz of oz

do you think that the files that I did delete may cause a problem? I didn't do any research, I thought they were safe to remove (Keep in mind, I haven't deleted all of them, just a few) and how should I check to see if I deleted any important ones? or will it matter? I see no difference right now

clone file deletion woes similar to above

My woes are similar as in my eyes the inability to delete more than one clone at a time, but where as cmjf0013 stated he has or had close to 1000 clones and clicking for an hour and a half. I ran the tool and low and behold.....BAM!!!!

90,789 clones granted I have 20xxx +/- music files the ability to delete these "clones" other than a click at a time seems to me would be a typical/optional setting that may or maynot have safeguard built into it. Similar to the remove/delete duplicates which if you'd ask me needs to have more settings available. I'm not at all trying to single out IObit nor am I directing my frustrations w the "clones" at IObit. But more trying to give the developers of software and programs that I have somehow continued to use and or hold onto a simple word of advice...People LIKE options and when it comes to the computer and software down to files...the more options the more satisfied we are. And Satisfaction=Happiness. OK all aside any suggestions regarding my "CLONE" Army that I have visually fortified on my screen(THANK YOU IObit love ya) I've always known I had alot of duplicates but "CLONES" and 90xxx strong.........and g r o w i n g. and having been laid off of work ....Time.....It's on my side..yes it is. and I've been avoiding confronting this issue and there's no better time than now. thanks for your time and lending your eyes.

Archived