IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

removing AWC B3

Hi. Hope someone can help me with this one. I downloaded AWC B3 from the Geeks site. When I tell it to run the program it hits a portion where it says that it has to remove the previous AWC program. I tell it to do that. Then it says that a file already exists in that name and should I run it anyway and I tell it to do that. Then it comes up saying that it can't override the program and that I do not have permission to delete the file. Have gone through the program files in the C drive to try and delete manually and it won't even allow me to do that. Had been trying to download it fresh because the pathway had disappeared. I have no way to run the program and can't get a fresh download. Help please? Thanks!

Hi ezmerelda!

You probably now have to do a new install and delete this install and then do a completely fresh install.

When you download a program, the safest way is to download it to an appropriate folder or to your desktop, from there you can always install it again if necessary.

When you have installed it and deleted it throw out the folder too and run a cleanup of the registry.

Your problem with cleaning up is probably due to a shortcut in your system tray.

If you need more specifics please feel free to ask again.

By the way - do you run it as administrator?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi. Hope someone can help me with this one. I downloaded AWC B3 from the Geeks site. When I tell it to run the program it hits a portion where it says that it has to remove the previous AWC program. I tell it to do that. Then it says that a file already exists in that name and should I run it anyway and I tell it to do that. Then it comes up saying that it can't override the program and that I do not have permission to delete the file. Have gone through the program files in the C drive to try and delete manually and it won't even allow me to do that. Had been trying to download it fresh because the pathway had disappeared. I have no way to run the program and can't get a fresh download. Help please? Thanks!

Archived