IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Which is better?

John_2001

Hi John

In which respect please?

The ASC final has of course been released as a official version and should then consequently not have bugs anymore as far as the company has found out until now.

The ASC beta versions have not been taken out of beta yet and may therefore contain some bugs - the reason for a new version must be the desire to make the new version better though.

Comparing it with ASC+AV is difficult because this version has another scope - it also carries an antivirus protection and that makes it difficult to compare directly.

Cheers

solbjerg

Is Advanced System Care (Latest Final/ Latest Beta) or Advanced System Care with Anti-Virus(Latest Final/ Latest Beta) better?

Rant.

I'd like to pose the question this way: Comparing the ASC portion of 2013 and Version 6 - production, what are the differences? Put another way, leaving out the antivirus portion, which is bitdefender, what are the differences in the two ASC products? Is is correct to assume they are essentially the same with the addition of bitdefender? I would guess the development effort for two different ASC engines would be prohibitive?

I'd like to understand this as I have a license for ASC 5 and updated with a license to ASC 2013.

Many thanks.

Hi keesue,

ASC part of ASC wA/V 2013 is virtually the same as ASC5.

As you may know ASC6, the replacement of ASC5 is in the pipeline.

There are differences between ASC5 and ASC6 for the time being, main one is Smart Scan.

If the differences will be applied to the future ASC wA/V, should be replied by an IObit team member.

cheers.

Thank you and this is helpful. Based on your response, I'd like to understand what the differences will be - if any - between ASC 6 and 2013 anti-virus. If you or your designate can advise, I'd be appreciative. Again, I would think the core engine and its features of version 6 would be incorporated into the antivirus product to reduce duplicated product development efforts but I'd like that confirmed. 2013 works quite well after some tuning BTW. The reason I upgraded my license for this product was to have the anti-virus engine incorporated into your product to improve compatibility. That has been realized.

Again, many thanks.

I also would like to know the differences...I just "upgraded" to ASC 2013 as it seemed logical to consolidate services into one well operating package (optimisation and anti-virus/malware) which I assumed was also the next generation...now I am concerned that I will be/am a generation behind...thanks for your attention...

Archived