IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Internet Booster tool queries

Floydspaws

I've just installed a new modem, but this isn't being picked up Internet Booster. Will this diminish performance? If so, how to I prompt the tool to communicate with the new modem?

My bandwidth has also been upgraded. The ISP says it's 30Mpbs although Speed test reckons it's 39.5. Either way, The 'set bandwidth' slider only offers 10 or 50. Which should I use?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Mel.

So the make/software on the modem doesn't make a difference to the tool?

I believe you are correct Floydspaws.

More than likely your internet modem is adsl...? what are your upload speeds using speedtest?? Also what is your processor and RAM? ( you didn't give much information in your user specs here )

You might also see this thread... but I am not how useful it may be.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

No real problems here, just wondering with the newly increased broadband service here.

Upload speed this morning is 1.8 Mbps

Download this morning is 23.52 but was 39.?? when it was installed at the weekend (I think Virgin in the UK is a little variable but it's supposed to be 30.

Processor's an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz:

Model WD800JD-75MSA2

SN WMAM9V172840

DATE 30 APR 2006

DCM HSBHNTJCH

Product of Malaysia

PCB sticker 2061-701335-E00 AE

PWB 2060-701335-005 REV A

I've got 2MB RAM and I'm running XP.

I've just found that on the 'wireless' setting I'm getting download at 40 and upload a little diminished at about 1.6.

Archived