IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster freezes on startup

Ok so i have been searching the forums and google in general and can't seem to find any solutions to my problem. I have had game booster the beta one for a while and all was working fine and now all of a sudden it stopped. Whenever i start it, it freezes loading the gamebox. So i uninstalled completely using the iobit uninstaller did a full scan restarted my computer and reinstalled it to still have the same issue. So i uninstalled completely again making sure to delete all folders and files and installed the 3.5 version. The same thing happened. Needless to say i have tried everything i can think of to attempt to get this to work. I've had to open task manager to end the processes of both gamebooster and the tray gamebooster. it doesn't seem to affect my computer by making anything else freeze, but i do wish to get it working again as its a great little tool for gaming. So any ideas on what else i can do to fix this issue would be much appreciated.

Hi xSuzieSullyx!

Well i have managed to be able to get it to run without freezing.. i never used to have to do this but i got it to run in Vista Service Pack 2

HP Presario CQ60 Notebook

Intel T1600 @1.66Ghz

3GB Ram

32 Bit.... idk i have to do that now but at least its working again. And yes i was running with admin priveledges :smile:

And you are doing this:

Well i have managed to be able to get it to run without freezing.. i never used to have to do this but i got it to run in compatibility mode for XP service pack 2.... idk i have to do that now but at least its working again.
Well now I am completely in the dark... from your user CP (ControlPanel):
Vista Service Pack 2

HP Presario CQ60 Notebook

Intel T1600 @1.66Ghz

3GB Ram

32 Bit

You were running Vista the whole time! 32 bit.???

Please check and see the exact version of gamebooster you are using... and let us know.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

EDIT: Hi Mel, the first quote is really confusing, as it doesn't exist! (Note that there is no editing in the first post of this thread.)

EDIT: Hi Enoskype, The first quote in this post is the entire content of post #3 here... if that is what you mean.

When I had Vista, I had nothing but problems with privileges. The OS never let me do what I wanted to do. It was the most frustrating OS I ever used. I went back to XP (liked it better) until W7 came out. I have no issues with W7 at all.

I almost guarantee that Vista is causing this. The OS thinks it's smarter that you are. It is probably protecting itself from you. I hate that OS.

I hate it too but unfortunately can't upgrade or downgrade atm. And to clarify Mel yes i have Vista running on my computer and the only way i've been able to get game booster to work this time is to run in compatibility mode for xp service pack 2. I hope that makes more sense. I do so hate vista very much have nothing but trouble with it.

And to answer the previous question i am using game booster v3.5 beta I tried both versions and this is the first one i tried compatibility with and it worked so I have yet to try the other again as i don't want to have it not working again :D

Archived