IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Program hangs during repair of System Optimization

davehorne

Earlier today the program would not go any further when Repair was invoked System Optimization had found 55 problems. The green arrows kept moving but the program did not advance. Now I have the same problem but with 28 problems found.

Earlier I simply shut down the program and rebooted

Is there a 'problem' file I can send to have looked at? I like this program, I paid for this program, but these problems are costing me unnecessary time.

I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks, DH

DH, if you have anything like SytemGuard Protection or have a Virus protection software, disable them temporarily and try again.

Please read the Show details... before repairing, so you can put some of the change suggestions to Ignore List that you don't want to change.

Cheers.

Hi dave, did you restart the program after the changes you made?

AND did you configure all the details in especially system optimization?

Under all tags?

Cheers

solbjerg

I turned off the a/v program, shut down Windows Defender and the program still hangs at the same spot.

If others have the same problem or if this is a known glitch, please let me know. Thanks, DH

You wrote: ... AND did you configure all the details in especially system optimization?

Under all tags? [end quote]

Could you be more specific? I didn't see many options under Options \ Settings \ Program Settings that would apply.

What did I miss? Thanks, DH

Hi Dave

It is the "Details" you see when you run a scan in AWC, click on those details, they will open and reveal what's in them, this has to be done BEFORE clicking repair!

If you have run a repair before without configuring those details in especially system optimization, they will not have anything in them probably. That was why we asked you to "let windows decide what is best for your computer", that way the details would probebly reveal some settings, that it wanted to change, - and those you have to accept or put into the Ignore list.

Not to configure details is the most common mistake users make!

In the AWC folder there is also a manual, please read that!

Cheers

solbjerg

You wrote: ... AND did you configure all the details in especially system optimization?

Under all tags? [end quote]

Could you be more specific? I didn't see many options under Options \ Settings \ Program Settings that would apply.

What did I miss? Thanks, DH

solbjerg, this time I clicked on details and to be perfectly honest, I had no idea how to treat those items so I chose ignore.

I looked at the manual but found no topic for System optimization.

I'll take more time and look at those ignored items but as I wrote, I don't know how to treat them properly.

Thanks, DH

Hi dave

The optimization depends on what one has on the computer, so it would be difficult to set up specific rules, therefore the manual just tells you to check them and put those you need in the ignore list.

A prudent course of action if one doesn't know what to do is to put them all in the ignore list and then test them one by one by taking them out of the ignore list and run the repair, and then see if it has an adverse effect on your machine, or if it make it better.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg, this time I clicked on details and to be perfectly honest, I had no idea how to treat those items so I chose ignore.

I looked at the manual but found no topic for System optimization.

I'll take more time and look at those ignored items but as I wrote, I don't know how to treat them properly.

Thanks, DH

Archived