IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Should Windows Defender Run With ASC Antivirus Running?

I needed to create a new user account to re3cover form a corrupted user account. I've never done this before so I wasn't sure of the consequences.

Although I already had ASC witrhe Anti-Virus installed prior to creating the new user account I needed to to another install of ASC.

I find now that Windows Defender is also running.

Should I turn Windows Defender off?

James

Hello again JamesJ... good to see you again.

I needed to create a new user account to re3cover form a corrupted user account. I've never done this before so I wasn't sure of the consequences.

Although I already had ASC witrhe Anti-Virus installed prior to creating the new user account I needed to to another install of ASC.

I find now that Windows Defender is also running.

Should I turn Windows Defender off?

James

It is ok and fine to leave Windows Defender running with ASC/AV... no worries!:-D

This concerns me though... on a couple of levels. Please elaborate on this and provide details concering...

I needed to create a new user account to re3cover form a corrupted user account

Thanks for having a decently complete description of your machine in your userCP:

OS + Computer Details:Windows 7 & Windows 8

Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials (real time protection)

SUPERAntiSpyware Free (scan only)

SpyBot S&D (scan only)

Advanced SystemCare 5 (trial)

I wonder about Win 7 and 8 running simultaneously? I have not done this but others here may have. This may be the source of your conflict????? Hopefully others will post.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Leave long and prosper!

I'm assuming my old user account in windows 7 got corrupted. ASC had nothing to do with it. I've been having issues prior to install.

I moved the locations of several user folders and then decided to set up a dual boot and place my data on a separate partition. I needed to set them back to their default locations and then move them again.

I have since deleted the Windows 8 volume and extended my Windows 7 partition. I am no longer running a dual boot.

Anyway all is well now.

Archived