IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Question about the disk defragment tool in Advanced SystemCare

JohnnySokko

Okay, thanks.

I've always assumed that ASC was simply just launching and using the defragmentation tool in Windows. I'm glad to know otherwise.

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

LOL — I just saw your last comment about Infra-Man. That's a completely different show. :razz:

ASC and Smart Defrag

If running ASC (Pro, or free version) just runs a "limited" version of Smart Defrag, would it be smarter to run Smart Defrag in Automation mode, and then disable the Defrag tool in ASC? Otherwise, it appears redundant to run both defrag tools simultaneously.

The disk defragmentation tool launched by ASC is a limited version of Iobit SmartDefrag.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Inframan rocks!!!

Hi skyliner,

You are absolutely right! :-)

It is also a good practice to change the fragmentation rate to the highest as 15% to start the defragmentation in the Settings of ASC to stop ASC defragmenting accidentaly if you choose the radio button for Disk Defragment by mistake, or when ASC decides to defragment automatically in Care when Smart Scan is used in Simplfied Mode.

In any case of the above, also, Defrag Only (Unticking Optimization Defragment) option is a better choice in ASC if you use Smart Defrag program.

Cheers.

Archived