IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Which is "newest"? Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013 OR Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA?

Phaewryn

I had ASC Pro, and I want to upgrade to the newest version of the program with antivirus, so I emailed customer service, and this is their response (which I need help interpreting):

Thanks for contacting IObit. This is Maggie from IObit.

Please buy Advanced SystemCare and Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013 from

Besides, please download the latest Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA from
(It contains the interface of ASC v6 and antivirus function). It should be what you want.

I downloaded Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA, and I love it, however, I am not sure if it is the most current version of the program? I want to buy a license (I have my old one from ASC Pro, but for some reason it wont work), but I want to be sure I get THE MOST RECENT version of the program. Should I just use the "upgrade" button in Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA, and buy my license that way, or do I need to buy the license via http://www.iobit.com/advanced-systemcare-antivirus.html (revert to a free trial, then upgrade that, it's way too complicated!)? I do not understand the customer support tech's advice. I LIKE Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA, but I want to be sure it's going to be fully supported/updated, and not waste my money on a license for a beta product that might be discontinued. I don't want to download any free trials, I just want to BUY THE SOFTWARE and GET MY LICENSE. Please. Can I just go to http://www.iobit.com/ascultimate-register.php?ref=umtrial (which is wehere it directs me when I click "UPGRADE")?

Also, it seems that installing the Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA did NOT automatically uninstall Advanced SystemCare Pro from my system (although a prompt said it would during install). I assume I can just uninstall that, and it wont effect my Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA, correct? Should I uninstall BOTH, the reinstall the Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA? I still have C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5 in Program Files, perhaps I should just delete the folder and then check the registry to stragglers? I really would like it if things uninstalled cleanly (since this is beta, consider that my feedback). I'm a bit confused by how complex it is to just upgrade/buy a product I want to buy.

http://majorgeeks.com/Advanced_SystemCare_Ultimate_d7927.html

I installed Ultimate BETA via the above link, clicked UPGRADE, and it took me to a page where I entered my old ASC5 license code for a discount. The license is $29.99 but they gave me a discount for my old license for ASC Pro, which made it only $12.99.

NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME, Thanks ASC! :-D

I could still use some advice on uninstalling/removing ASC5 Pro's stuff from my system. I just want to be sure that Ultimate BETA doesn't need any of the stuff from the ASC5 folders before I dump them.

UPDATE: I just deleted the files from program files, and it seems fine. About to restart, and we'll know for sure.

Hi Phaewryn, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Sorry that I was a bit late to respond, but you have done everthing correctly.

Please check all of the folders in "C:\Users\UserName\AppData" for all Users and C:\Program Data folder if there is any residue of older ASCs left.

You have to show your Hidden Files to see those folders.

ASC Ultimate Beta 1.0 is the latest product of IObit on the ASC line.

Even being still in Beta phase, I haven't seen a problem yet,

Please shoot if you have any questions!

Cheers.

Archived