IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem with Monitor.exe in vista

Stanley

Hi i am using Windows Vista (no comments please)

i upgraded to advanced system care 6 2 days ago & am now constantly getting a dialog box poping up saying monitor.exe is not compatible

i have attached a snip of the box

This notice comes up every 10 minutes i have tried uninstalling ASC 6 but it leaves monitor.exe in place.

any ideas please as seems to be slowing ht epc down & is distracting when it pops up?

Hi Stanley

You probably ticked the option to enable Performance monitor in both your previous version and in your current version.

This means that the monitor could not be uninstalled because it was in use and you are therefore probably trying to use the monitor from the previous version in the new program version.

When installing an update over the top it is always best to close down the program you want to update first. This goes especially for all automatic functions- among these the monitor if it has been decided to use it.

It may be that a clean install of you new version will set the function right

(the clean install concept is explained in the link in my signature)

This is in an attempt to get rid of leftovers from the previous install - perhaps also delete the folder for ASC 5 if any is left you can fx. use the forced Uninstall available in IObit Uninstaller.

But remember to close down the program totally before running the Clean Install also all automatic functions.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi i am using Windows Vista (no comments please)

i upgraded to advanced system care 6 2 days ago & am now constantly getting a dialog box poping up saying monitor.exe is not compatible

i have attached a snip of the box

This notice comes up every 10 minutes i have tried uninstalling ASC 6 but it leaves monitor.exe in place.

any ideas please as seems to be slowing ht epc down & is distracting when it pops up?

Archived