IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag Icon

WD9598

First, thank you for Smart Defrag, I use it many years and I am still satisfied with it, except in one thing: The icon in the task bar.

It also still works very good, let's say: too good.

Because it is not possible to hide that icon permanently, it re-appaers every day the date of the day has been changed.

In Windows XP (yes, I am that guy who is still using it :grin:) it was never possible to hide that icon and prevent it from re-appearing, in no version of smart defrag.

You can customize the task bar in XP, you can choose the icons you want to hide or not...does not matter, the very next day, the smart defrag icon will re-appear.

Why does it happen? Why all Icons from every program i use do what I want, they hide themself or not, except the smart defrag icon?

Because you build in a function that this icon shows the time and date of the last defragmentation and if you use auto defrag, this date will change at least one time a day (move your mousepointer right on top of this icon and you see it)

Every time you hide an icon (no matter what icon from which program) with the windows function of customizing the task bar and everytime something with the icon change (color, date time, some text information) it will always reappear, no matter you put it on ALWAYS HIDE or not with the windows customizing task bar function.

Please take out the date/time of the last auto defragmentation of this icon and all will be fine....or do something else that this damned icon stays in hide mode when I change it to ALWAYS HIDE with the Windows Customize Task Bar Function and make sure that it does not reappear the very next day (because I am sick and tired of this re-appearing).

Greetings

WD9598

Hi WD

I suppose that you have tried unticking the setting to have it minimize to the system tray when closing.

It doesn't display by me then, Neither does it if I in the start/properties/ set it to hide the icon. Not even after a restart of the computer.

Have you tried a chkdsk? Perhaps even a sfc /scannow

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I suppose you have checked the config file here: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Smart Defrag 2

Mine looks like this:

[setting]

CloseMinimize=1

StartWithWindows=1

EnableTrayPrompt=0

StopWhenBattary=1

SilentDefrag=1

ShowRemovableDrive=1

EnableExclude=0

ExcludeSize=1024

Language=Danish

Transparency=255

Theme=0

EnableAutoDefrag=0

EnableAutoIdleTime=0

AutoIdleTime=5

AutoDefragVolumes=

EnableSchedule=0

DefragType=1

ScheduleDefragVolumes=

UseColorChallengeMap=0

EnableBoottime=0

BoottimeDefragVolumes=

MaxLogFileCount=5

LastSelectedVolumes=C:;

WindowLeft=137

WindowTop=91

WindowWidth=750

WindowHeight=555

MaxSized=0

MaxSize=0

EnableCpuLimit=0

CpuLimitValue=60

MonitorIndex=0

Prompt=41179,4681465162

DefragRate=0,01

Flag=1

LastAutoDefrag=0

[interface]

color[0]=12825516

color[1]=2826783

color[2]=2722507

color[3]=8735248

color[4]=9451634

color[5]=2647813

color[6]=2039691

color[7]=2722507

color[8]=13819168

[LastAutoDefrag]

C=40925,6961479977

[AutoDefragStatistics]

11-04-2011=434

11-01-2012=1442

17-01-2012=1263

[update]

LastCheckUpdate=13-04-2011

First, thank you for Smart Defrag, I use it many years and I am still satisfied with it, except in one thing: The icon in the task bar.

It also still works very good, let's say: too good.

Because it is not possible to hide that icon permanently, it re-appaers every day the date of the day has been changed.

In Windows XP (yes, I am that guy who is still using it :grin:) it was never possible to hide that icon and prevent it from re-appearing, in no version of smart defrag.

You can customize the task bar in XP, you can choose the icons you want to hide or not...does not matter, the very next day, the smart defrag icon will re-appear.

Why does it happen? Why all Icons from every program i use do what I want, they hide themself or not, except the smart defrag icon?

Because you build in a function that this icon shows the time and date of the last defragmentation and if you use auto defrag, this date will change at least one time a day (move your mousepointer right on top of this icon and you see it)

Every time you hide an icon (no matter what icon from which program) with the windows function of customizing the task bar and everytime something with the icon change (color, date time, some text information) it will always reappear, no matter you put it on ALWAYS HIDE or not with the windows customizing task bar function.

Please take out the date/time of the last auto defragmentation of this icon and all will be fine....or do something else that this damned icon stays in hide mode when I change it to ALWAYS HIDE with the Windows Customize Task Bar Function and make sure that it does not reappear the very next day (because I am sick and tired of this re-appearing).

Greetings

WD9598

Thanks for answering solbjerg.

In your config I can see that you do not work with auto defragmentation (EnableAutoDefrag=0)

So you will not have that problem because it only will happen if auto defrag is enabled.

Activate auto defrag, hide the icon, wait until next day, restart your computer and see what happens....

Greetings WD9598

OK WD

And what is your setting concerning how often to autodefrag?

If it is 1 minute I myself would not find it strange if it showed always I think.

I even feel that the fact that it is showing reminds you that the autodefrag option is chosen :-)

I only use it if I test it in order to answer a user having problems.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for answering solbjerg.

In your config I can see that you do not work with auto defragmentation (EnableAutoDefrag=0)

So you will not have that problem because it only will happen if auto defrag is enabled.

Activate auto defrag, hide the icon, wait until next day, restart your computer and see what happens....

Greetings WD9598

Because it runs in the background and I do not need to see it, I know auto mode is turned on. the most reason why is, I have a lot of programs running from which I really need to see the icons because they show me different status of their running programs (incoming emails, Up-download status, memory usage and many more. This smart defrag icon shows me nothing, fills only up the space.

Again: Every icon from every program I use will stay hidden if I put it on "always hide", except the smart defrag icon.

So there is a bug in Smart Defrag, not in Windows, which need to be fixed.

Greetings WD9598

Archived