IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 1.01 UPDATED released.

enoskype

Smart Defrag 1.01 available. Updated (Oct 20,2008 )

- Update changelog:

* Fixed a compatibility bug for Windows 2000.

Download link: MajorGeeks

Setup File: DefragSetup.exe (2428 KB)

Application File: IObit SmartDefrag.exe (1923 KB)

Application File version: 1.0.1.0

Smart Defrag Update History

----------------------------------

1.01 (Oct 17,2008 )

* Optimized fragmentation analysis algorithm

* Improved GUI

* Improved multi-language support

* Fixed general bugs

Special note of MajorGeeks: The author of Smart Defrag is Carwin Chen, a college student, joining IObit on 2006. All donation to Smart Defrag will be used as the tuition to finish his college education.

Download from Author's_site .

SD V 1.01 will not run on Windows 2000. Analyze finds 0 files. Defrag shows 0 files defragged.

I also cannot get it to run on XP. When starts defrag, it hangs on first file. Notice "remaining time 14,316 Hours"!! See screenshot.

samr.

Edit: Also, there is no bug report.

hangs on my system also

SD V 1.01 will not run on Windows 2000. Analyze finds 0 files. Defrag shows 0 files defragged.

I also cannot get it to run on XP. When starts defrag, it hangs on first file. Notice "remaining time 14,316 Hours"!! See screenshot.

samr.

Edit: Also, there is no bug report.

tried to run without any apps running in the backround,anti vi,windows defender,firewall,etc'...also still hangs running in safe mode. using Xp,sp3,

.PS........wont let upload screenshot

Tested Smart Defrag defrag today on Windows XP version 7 - 10GB C:

I agree the Time Remaining routine doesn't appear to be working correctly when it's running.

I also wondered if the Colours used to code for Rarely Used and Fragmented weren't reversed since I already optimise my Disk weekly with MS Windows Live OneCare, so it was already largely defragged. The image showed virtually everything as fragmented - but was it really? Initialisation problem?

I then tried the Defrag and Optimise option - but gave up as it was showing Time remaining: 25081:50:54. I don't have that much time to waste.

:neutral:

Hi Brian Curnow,

I'm afraid you have a problem of a fragmented and completely full disk, as the color code have not been reversed. I would check it with a different defragmenter which has a GUI (graphial user interface) to be satisfied.

Most probably Windows Live OneCare doesn't defrag it either. (Assuming you don't force to defrag even disk is full parameter.)

Windows' defrag needs 15% of the disk space empty to properly defrag the disk.

I would strongly advice to move some of the files to one of your larger disks, and then move them back to C: disk after plain defragmentation of disk C:.

There is useful information in this thread of this forum, please read through all the posts of it.

My above argument is not relevant to a probable bug of a wrong time remaining.

Thank you.

Archived