IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Does ASC Pro 2013 with AV need windows defender?

Hi pell31, nice to see you again! :grin:

First of all, please fill in the OS + Computer Details in your Control Panel (CP) of the Forum which can be reached by clicking on the User CP link on the top left of the forum page.

This will give us chance to correctly suggest according to your PC, configuration and security softwares that you are using.

Coming back to your question, it depend to which OS you are using, as Windows Defender is not the same in all OSes.

You may know that MS has changed Windows Defender to Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE), an antivirus software which includes Windows Defender.

In your case, Windows is warning you that you are not using a companion Anti-Malware software together with the Antivirus program you are using.

ASC with Antivirus 2013 is an antivirus program and you need to have an anti-malware program together with it such as IObit Malware Fighter (IMF) or Windows Defender.

So, you are right that you need only 1 antivirus program, but Windows Defender is not an antivirus program, so you can turn it on.

Certainly, Windows Defender is installed in your PC as default, and your OS (from MS) is asking you to turn on the available antimalware (another MS program ;-)) Windows Defender.

If you install another antimalware program (It is not same as antivirus programs, so you can install more than 1 antimalware program), and close (exit) it also, your OS will give you the chance to choose one of them to turn on.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype, ;-)

Thank you for your reply. :smile:

My OS is windows 7 home premium using IE9.

Fortunately you gave me the answer in your reply,

and I've now turned Windows defender on.

That's cleared the problem I had. :grin:

Thank you for your help on this matter. 8:)

With friendly greetings,

pell31.

Archived