IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Fragementation .1%, SmartDefrag suggests to Defrag and Optimize ???

Using SmartDefrag, I ran an analysis and it said: "Fragmentation Before: 0.10%"

Then is says: "Suggestion: Defrag & Optimize".

This product is great, but I don't think a disk with only 0.1% fragmentation needs anything done to it.

M3838-got to go with Enoskype on this one-I normally would not defrag at 0.10%, but the optimization is the key-I am running ASC 3 RC2(PRO)-I use the scan as a guideline for the fragmentation and rely on that program to optimize-that said, when I reach a value of @ 0.25% fragmentation I use the defrag utility-I suspect that if the defrag utility had a third option of optimize only,you employ it then. If you are not running one of the fine registry cleaning utilities from Iobit, I strongly advise you to download and install one today! great day and God bless

I would have to disagree. If you have already run the defrag and optimize, and have not added anything new, there should be no need to either defrag or optimize at .1%. Or even at 5%.

I personally do not use the autodefrag feature at all since I want to maintain control over when it happens.

defrag and optimize

Hi Dch48-perhaps you misunderstood-I use the ASC app. to scan for frags and check optimization-since I employ it on a daily basis for system maintenance(meaning scan and repair) the statistics are available to me without having to employ a second app. On my system, @1800 fragments equates to 0.10%-when that number(fragments) approaches the 4000 range, I employ the use of smart defrag-and since I perform all repair functions within ASC and smart defrag at my discretion,complete control of my OS is insured.That said, @0.25% fragmentation is when I begin to experience a bit of lag on on my system-the percentage of fragmentation chosen before repair is up to the individual-I am not suggesting that everyone on the face of the planet must defrag their hard drive,registry,or page files at a certain value-hope this serves to clarify my previous post-great day and God bless

Archived