IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What programs are needed for my computer to run efficiently. Increase my internet speed by knowing my Bandwidth!

kristikat6

I would like to get rid of unnecessary programs on my computer so that start up and speed will increase. Do I need all of the following programs and which ones can be deleted?

FLV Media Player 1.3

FLV Player

FLV Packages

Also, can I replace the following with Open Office.org Free Office Suite?

Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Click to Run 2010

Microsoft Office Starter 2010 English

And last but not least can I run both Advanced SystemCare Ultimate with AVG? And is it necessary, or will ASC Ultimate take care of all of my anti-virus protection? I also have installed, IObit Malware Fighter, SuperAntiSpyware Pro x64, Comodo Free Version Firewall, plus my Windows Free Firewall, Smart Defrag 2, and Razer Game Booster. Please help as I am new to this! :???: Thank you!

Hi kristikat6;89485... Welcome here!

I would like to get rid of unnecessary programs on my computer so that start up and speed will increase. Do I need all of the following programs and which ones can be deleted?

FLV Media Player 1.3

FLV Player

FLV Packages

Also, can I replace the following with Open Office.org Free Office Suite?

Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Click to Run 2010

Microsoft Office Starter 2010 English

And last but not least can I run both Advanced SystemCare Ultimate with AVG? And is it necessary, or will ASC Ultimate take care of all of my anti-virus protection? I also have installed, IObit Malware Fighter, SuperAntiSpyware Pro x64, Comodo Free Version Firewall, plus my Windows Free Firewall, Smart Defrag 2, and Razer Game Booster. Please help as I am new to this! :???: Thank you!

Shut off all start up commands except system and protection. (for start-up speed)

Open Office will perform the same tasks but the filetype will be different. So if you create a document with OpenOffice... and save it, most machines will not open it unless you download OpenOffice onto them as well...

I would choose either AVG or ASCU... one or the other. You must pick if you want your machine to be expedient.

p.s. Open office or Libre Office files can be saved as .doc or .xls files and be opened by Microsoft Office users too. solbjerg

p.p.s. Thank you for that Solbjerg! I have not used Open Office for a couple of years and they must have improved it.:grin:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thank you Mel! And thank you for your input!

I will take my free AVG off of here and run with ASC Ultimate...I think you are right and would like to run with the paid version as opposed to the free!

Do you know anything about a Corrupt Index File...I have one other thread, beginning with those words and could use some help figuring out how to fix problems!

I very much appreciate your help and time. Thank you :-)

Sincerely,

Kristi

Archived