IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC Doesn't work with VISTA 64

ThaiAm

I tried AWC a couple months ago and let it have it's way with fixing everything it found wrong. Big mistake. It screwed up my system so that the only way out was to reinstall VISTA from scratch. System wouldn't boot.

I today tried the Beta 3 and even though I did not get a crash it did mess up several things such as Nero was gone after AWC did it's thing, my games folder instead of having games in it took me to a folder to restart saved games, buit would not let me play any games.

I quit at that point and did a registry restore from AWC but the problems were both still there. I then did a Windows System restore to a condition previous to the AWC install and system was back working again, without the presence of AWC so I did not even have to uninstall it.

Previous versions of AWC worked just fine but the latest changes have rendered the program useless for my Vista Ultimate 64 bit system.

So I must caution everyone interested to not blindly accept the fixes to registry but proceed with a lot of care when doing your system check. It detected something like 300 errors in my registry and I trusted AWC to know what they were doing, much to my dismay.

I do not wish these kinds of problems on anyone so proceed with a great deal of caution. My time spent fixing the system, reloading Vista, and all the programs I had installed took me in excess of a week.

BE CAREFUL

Hi ThaiAm

Precisely! One has to configure the settings and the details to get the performance one wants.

Not doing that is a mistake many users make.

After one has configured it - it is usually ok to let the repair run it's course in later checks, because the details that one wants to keep is now in the ignore list.

The optimizations often focus on resources and this can change some settings that many do not want changed.

It has been discussed often in the forum and many posts have this theme in them.

Cheers

solbjerg

I tried AWC a couple months ago and let it have it's way with fixing everything it found wrong. Big mistake. It screwed up my system so that the only way out was to reinstall VISTA from scratch. System wouldn't boot.

I today tried the Beta 3 and even though I did not get a crash it did mess up several things such as Nero was gone after AWC did it's thing, my games folder instead of having games in it took me to a folder to restart saved games, buit would not let me play any games.

I quit at that point and did a registry restore from AWC but the problems were both still there. I then did a Windows System restore to a condition previous to the AWC install and system was back working again, without the presence of AWC so I did not even have to uninstall it.

Previous versions of AWC worked just fine but the latest changes have rendered the program useless for my Vista Ultimate 64 bit system.

So I must caution everyone interested to not blindly accept the fixes to registry but proceed with a lot of care when doing your system check. It detected something like 300 errors in my registry and I trusted AWC to know what they were doing, much to my dismay.

I do not wish these kinds of problems on anyone so proceed with a great deal of caution. My time spent fixing the system, reloading Vista, and all the programs I had installed took me in excess of a week.

BE CAREFUL

Archived