IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter

jhanley401

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

I have IObit Malware Fighter installer on my desk top but it will not open. I tried uninstalling and re installing and restarting the computer but it still does not open.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what I should do.:-)

I assume you mean "I have IObit Malware Fighter installed on my desk top but it will not open."

First thing I would suggest you try is going to:

• C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

• Double click IMF.exe

If that launches IObit Malware Fighter then your IObit Malware Fighter desktop shortcut is corrupt and you should delete that shortcut then right click on IMF.exe and select Send To > Desktop (Create shortcut)

If that doesn't launch IObit Malware Fighter then look at Norton 360 to see if it is blocking the installation or launch of IObit Malware Fighter, you should get a pop-up if it is but the Norton settings might be for no pop-up

If Norton has blocked IObit Malware Fighter in some way you should be able to tell Norton to treat IObit Malware Fighter as a 'safe' software (just guessing, I don't know Norton)

Or, you might have a corrupted download and it is not installing properly. To download and install a fresh copy.

• Delete the old download of IObit Malware Fighter from your computer

• Uninstall IObit Malware Fighter

• Restart your computer

• Download a fresh version of IObit Malware Fighter from here: IObit Malware Fighter @ MajorGeeks

• Install IObit Malware Fighter again

All the best, woz of oz

p.s. Use the Clean install procedure (guide found in Usage of IObit products)

Archived