IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New Install

Windows 8 64 bit

I've just installed, Adv Syscare Ultimate 6, having upgraded from windows 8 own antivirus software, but I am now getting an Action center message stating I have no anti spyware program installed.

The action center is picking up Adv syscare for antivirus though

Any help appreciated

Hi Dodenburg, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Please install IObit Malware Fighter (IMF 1.7) from the link in IMF IObit Malware Fighter 1.7 is available! (UPDATED 1228) (UPDATED again 1230) thread.

Windows interprets MSE both as an A/V and anti-spyware program.

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 is an A/V program and IMF is a seperate anti-spyware program.

Cheers.

Hi Dodenburg, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Please install IObit Malware Fighter (IMF 1.7) from the link in IMF IObit Malware Fighter 1.7 is available! (UPDATED 1228) (UPDATED again 1230) thread.

Windows interprets MSE both as an A/V and anti-spyware program.

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 is an A/V program and IMF is a seperate anti-spyware program.

Cheers.

Seems a shame the title ultimate does not include both, AV and anti Malware..... now I find it's another subscription for the pro malware program

Hi Dodenburg

The history of the semantics concerning Ultimate was that it was seen as "ultimate" when the Advanced SystemCare incorporated an antivirus program into the care for the computer (ASCU). ASC (AWC) did have a list of malware definitions that it blocked from coming into the machine - it still has, (what it did not have was a real antivirus program) But a more versatile malware program (minus the AV ability) was developed called IMF (IObit Malware Fighter) to try to make the catching of malware better (not real Antivirus - solely a decidedly socalled malware program - it did not take care of anything else). (-they did not call that ultimate) :-)

Actually I do not think that anything stays "ultimate" for long in the computer business.

Cheers

solbjerg

Seems a shame the title ultimate does not include both, AV and anti Malware..... now I find it's another subscription for the pro malware program

Archived