IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Word/Excel Pinned and Recent Documents Going Away

askjacq

This didn't happen with my previous computer, so I know it's a setting I turned off then but can't remember what I did! On my new computer, after I do an ACS scan, the pinned and recent documents are no longer available in Word and Excel. I turned off privacy scan in the main menu, but it's still happening. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Hi askjacq

I think you have to go through yout privacy settings and choose those you want to keep running without "cleaning them"

Remember to do the same for the automatic privacy cleaning.

If you have ticked the setting to use the same setting as in manual privacy - try to refresh that setting to take the change of setting in manual privacy into account. This may be a possibility.

Cheers

solbjerg

This didn't happen with my previous computer, so I know it's a setting I turned off then but can't remember what I did! On my new computer, after I do an ACS scan, the pinned and recent documents are no longer available in Word and Excel. I turned off privacy scan in the main menu, but it's still happening. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Hi askjacq

If you open the program you will in the top line see an icon with 4 lines, hovering over this icon will produce a menu where you fx. can select settings.

Please go through all your settings, but bearing in mind what your problem was. - pay special attention to the settings in Privacy, - still keeping in mind that you should check the privacy setting under automatic functions too.

Cheers

solbjerg

I turned off privacy completely in the main menu. Where are the other settings located?

hi askjacq

You are welcome - glad I could be of assistance.

Every time I download a new version I make it a point to check whether the settings still are how I like them to be. Has saved me from some few annoyances in the past - not often - but once in a great while.

If you are doing a clean install the checking of the settings is a must!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you!!

Archived