IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

'not enough space'

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not enough space

Everything defragments except one 14.65GB file with 15252 fragments and 3840438 clusters. While the disk size is 92GB and the free space is 56GB, the 14.65GB fragmented file should defragment, it seems to me. Yet, over and over again it just will NOT defragment. I've increased my partition size twice to no avail. Any ideas how to get this defragmented? By the way, the file is my my INBOX of my IMAP Mail.

Thank you.

Everything defragments except one 14.65GB file with 15252 fragments and 3840438 clusters. While the disk size is 92GB and the free space is 56GB, the 14.65GB fragmented file should defragment, it seems to me. Yet, over and over again it just will NOT defragment. I've increased my partition size twice to no avail. Any ideas how to get this defragmented? By the way, the file is my my INBOX of my IMAP Mail.

Thank you.

Hi jrporter13

I don't know if it will work for you. If the file is the inbox of your mail, it is possible that your mail program is running in the background, so it is blocked to be defragmented. Or it is be locked with Windows or another program. You can unlock it with a program Unlocker which you can find with Google.

Best Regards

Satturner

Hi jrporter13

I don't know if it will work for you. If the file is the inbox of your mail, it is possible that your mail program is running in the background, so it is blocked to be defragmented. Or it is be locked with Windows or another program. You can unlock it with a program Unlocker which you can find with Google.

Best Regards

Satturner

UNLESS!!! he has dont defrag files over 1 gb option checked... or didnt do a fast/deep optimization

i have a 300 gig hd, with 105 gig free, but smart defrag will not defrag, it tells me not enough space

I'm running into the same problem. The files that are left are mostly Google Desktop files, and they're all 35MB+. I suspect it's telling me that there's no consecutive block of free space it can use to defrag into...but shouldn't it rearrange to give me a big block of free space when I do a fast or deep optimize?

Archived