IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Not sure whether ASCU 6 is up-to-date

Hello,

I have downloaded the offline databases of the application and have already extracted them to the Antivirus' Plugins successfully.

However, whenever I check for updates, it shows that I need a 145 MB updates. Then the downloader works for some time and then shows that the download is complete. But when I check again some time later, I see that about 145 MB updates are still needed.

I am checking constantly because when I was trying the application, even if I had not downloaded any updates it said that the program was up-to-date.

I have clean installed the program several times through Revouninstaller and Youruninstaller, but I still have the same issue.

I am using the latest version of the application and the January 2013 updates.

Could somebody help me? Many thanks.

Hi jjbjolicoeur

Didn't you say in an earlier post that that you used Kaspersky for your primary protection?? And did not have any problems using two different antivirus programs together?

I do not quite understand I am sorry to say.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

I have downloaded the offline databases of the application and have already extracted them to the Antivirus' Plugins successfully.

However, whenever I check for updates, it shows that I need a 145 MB updates. Then the downloader works for some time and then shows that the download is complete. But when I check again some time later, I see that about 145 MB updates are still needed.

I am checking constantly because when I was trying the application, even if I had not downloaded any updates it said that the program was up-to-date.

I have clean installed the program several times through Revouninstaller and Youruninstaller, but I still have the same issue.

I am using the latest version of the application and the January 2013 updates.

Could somebody help me? Many thanks.

Hello solbjerg,

Thanks for responding; I did not mention that update issue in my post because I thought it was something that would be settled as soon as I would have downloaded the offline updates. For I think ASCU 6 already had definitions when I installed it and as my CPU and RAM were OK and all was working fine, I said everything was OK. I could not know that there would be that update issue. I have exited KIS and used only ASCU to no avail.

As I have told you, when I update the application, after some time, it says that all is complete. But when I check again later for updates, I still have about 145 MB to download again. However I don't think the program always download so many updates. In the Antivirus plugins' properties I see only about 36 MB while I extracted 137 MB offline databases there...

Archived