IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New addon "Network Optimizer" (Alpha edition)

Tim Xue

Hello everyone, I'm glad to release the alpha edition of Network Optimizer which will be the add-on of Advanced WindowsCare.

The program is in alpha testing made by our staff Carwin. The network optimization of Advanced WindowsCare is for the common user as it is fast and easy to use. But this addon is designed for the advanced user who is familiar with TCP/IP network knowledge. Also, there is a FireFox optimizer added in this program.

If you find any bug or have some suggestion, please feel free to contact us and post it here. Thanks in advanced.

firefoxtcp_beta_271_201.zip

Hi Tim, hi Carwin,

This Add-on will be very useful when ready. Following are my early findings.

-Ater optimizing TCP the only difference in my connection was that the TTL value became 111 (Not 128). The rest did not change.

-Although you say that it is alpha, the exe file is "FirefoxTCP Beta 2.71.exe

-In "Computer Information", RAM is probably taken from one bank only.It shows 512 MB instead of 1 GB on my notebook.

- When "Go to Advace Mode" button is clicked, Firefox Optimizer window opens with "Don't find profile dir! But you can still use tcp optimizer" sentence. It is annoying if somebody is not using Firefox. It could popup when Firefox Optimizer button is clicked.

-In Advance window, when connection speed is adjusted, "Receive Window" value is not adjusted optimally if PPPoE is used. Don't you think it should be multiple of MSS ? (example: Recomended value download speed=2000, PPPoE MTU=1492, which makes MSS=1452 and Receive Window shoud be multiples of 63888(MSS x 44) instead of multiples of MSS=1460.)

-Recomended value for TTL could be 64.

-After clicking Aply button and closing tcp succesful window, you either close the window or click the "Back to Basic Mode" button to go to main window and it is confusing to have the default speed of Modem (56 Kbps) and not knowing what happens when you click the "Boost Now!" button.

-SOME ENGLISH WORDS CORRECTION

=>Introduction=>automately---->automatically

=>Introduction=>artificailly------>artificially

=>Choose your nettype------>Choose your net type

=>Go to Advace Mode------->Go to Advance Mode

=>Go to Advace Mode=>TCP Optimizer=>Network AdapterSlective ---->Network Adapter Selection

=>Go to Advace Mode=>TCP Optimizer=>Network AdapterSlective=> Don't modify adaper------>Don't modify adapter

=>Go to Advace Mode=>TCP Optimizer=>Network AdapterSlective=> Modify all the network adaper----->Modify all the network adapters

=>Go to Advace Mode=>TCP Optimizer=>Optimize Paramater-----> Optimize Parameter

=>Go to Advace Mode=>TCP Optimizer=>Optimize Paramater=> Receive Windows------>Receive Window

=>Go to Advace Mode=>TCP Optimizer=>Other choise=>Slective-----> Selective

=>Go to Advace Mode=>TCP Optimizer=>TCP 13230 Options-----> TCP 1323 Options

=>Go to Advace Mode=>TCP Optimizer=>Recover to Defult value-----> Recover to Default value

=>Go to Advace Mode=>TCP Optimizer=>Recommenended value-----> Recommended value

=>Apply!=>TCP Optimizer window=>tcp Optimize seccessful!-----> tcp Optimize successful!

-Net connect speed is cool! 8)

Please find below the near optimum values that I get on my notebook after adjusting with CableNut for 1024 Kbps download and 256 Kbps upload PPPoE DSL.

« SpeedGuide.net TCP Analyzer Results »

Tested on: 02.09.2007 20:04

IP address: 85.107.xx.xx

TCP options string: 020405ac0103030101010402

MTU: 1492

MSS: 1452

TCP Window (RWIN): 127776 (multiple of MSS)

RWIN Scaling: 1

Unscaled RWIN : 63888

Reccomended RWINs: 63888, 127776, 255552, 511104

BDP limit (200ms): 5111kbps (639KBytes/s)

BDP limit (500ms): 2044kbps (256KBytes/s)

MTU Discovery: ON

TTL: 64

Timestamps: OFF

SACKs: ON

IP ToS: 00000000 (0)

Archived