IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC3 - 'computer optimization' ?

MarkVarley

Looking through AWC3 there are a selection of 'computer optimization' options;

Basic,

Daily use (home user),

Entertainment (home user),

Top Performance (home user),

Office work (business user),

Server (business user),

Computing (business user).

can someone technical tell me what each setting does? partly because I'm curious and partly because I want to choose the right one for me, the little desctiptions that come up for each setting are too basic for me, for example, my computer main purpose is photo editing, but I also use it for alot of web browsing, downloading and listening to music. I'd like to make a more informed decision as to which option to apply, or even manually change the best from each option.

PS, liking the new layout in '3' but there seem to be two options for 'sorting the computer out' where before in '2' there was just one button, is this a whole new featureset been added or has the old one been split into 2? one of the things I liked was the one button 'solve all my problems'.

Hi Mark

Why don't you try them and see what works best for you, - personally I have chosen Daily use.

The reason for the "extra" buttons is simply to allow you to exercise control over the settings. Once you have configured the settings to your satisfaction, you can use the middle button Care to perform a one-click solution.

Cheers

solbjerg

Looking through AWC3 there are a selection of 'computer optimization' options;

Basic,

Daily use (home user),

Entertainment (home user),

Top Performance (home user),

Office work (business user),

Server (business user),

Computing (business user).

can someone technical tell me what each setting does? partly because I'm curious and partly because I want to choose the right one for me, the little desctiptions that come up for each setting are too basic for me, for example, my computer main purpose is photo editing, but I also use it for alot of web browsing, downloading and listening to music. I'd like to make a more informed decision as to which option to apply, or even manually change the best from each option.

PS, liking the new layout in '3' but there seem to be two options for 'sorting the computer out' where before in '2' there was just one button, is this a whole new featureset been added or has the old one been split into 2? one of the things I liked was the one button 'solve all my problems'.

Hi Mark

Why don't you try them and see what works best for you, - personally I have chosen Daily use.

The reason for the "extra" buttons is simply to allow you to exercise control over the settings. Once you have configured the settings to your satisfaction, you can use the middle button Care to perform a one-click solution.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ah, that makes sense with the buttons layout.

I don't really have the time to make a controlled objective test for each setting.

I've been using 'top performance, home user' but I noticed in the 'computing, business user' notes it mentions image processing, can you tell me the difference between these two perhaps?

Thanks to others for their suggestions too :)

Archived