IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

No GUI [SOLVED]

Lamaan

I have a 32-bit with Windows 7 SP1 newly installed. Smart Defrag 2.7 has been installed. When Smart Defrag was run immediately after installation, a dialog appeared asking me to choose language and skin, but after that, no GUI! The Smart Defrag icon appeared in the Tray, and in the Taskbar. If the Tray icon is clicked, the Taskbar icon 'quivers'; if the Taskbar icon is clicked or asked to open, the UAC dialog appears, asking for permission to run the program, and then - nothing.

Now that the program is installed, the behaviour is the same - icons in tray and Taskbar, but no GUI.

Hi Lamaan

Curious!

Which language did you choose?

Is the program allowed by your machine?

Can you open More/settings and take a look at what language is chosen - try refreshing the choice.

If you cannot I think a complete uninstall and a Clean installation should be tried.

Good luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

I have a 32-bit with Windows 7 SP1 newly installed. Smart Defrag 2.7 has been installed. When Smart Defrag was run immediately after installation, a dialog appeared asking me to choose language and skin, but after that, no GUI! The Smart Defrag icon appeared in the Tray, and in the Taskbar. If the Tray icon is clicked, the Taskbar icon 'quivers'; if the Taskbar icon is clicked or asked to open, the UAC dialog appears, asking for permission to run the program, and then - nothing.

Now that the program is installed, the behaviour is the same - icons in tray and Taskbar, but no GUI.

Problem fixed.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on, but after uninstalling and reinstalling the program for the third or fourth time, suddenly it started working. The only things I did differently this final time (of which I am aware) is that this last time, (a) I posted in this forum); and (b)I downloaded a new installer (from CNET originally, from MajorGeeks this time). Since both installers had the same hashtag, I assume they were identical, so the only real difference seems to have been your magical advice.

Well done, and thanks!

Archived