IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to make SmartDefrag better than ALL the rest!!

If you would like more donations for this wonderful product, please consider the following:

* I would like SmartDefrag to defragment the system files etc during an “offline defrag”, in other words, you reboot and it defragments the files during boot time that cannot be touched when Windows is running. On the same subject, place the paging file(s) into the MIDDLE of the disk(s), I've read you can improve performance by about 15% if you place it exactly in the middle, I don't know the technical reason(s) as to why that is, but I did read it somewhere.

* When SmartDefrag detects the system files are quite fragmented, it should offer to defragment them by doing an “offline defrag” BEFORE doing the normal defragmenting whilst Windows is running.

* I'm aware the SmartDefrag places some files onto the fastest area of the hard disk, but can we go further than this and continuously watch how programs load their files into memory? When it comes to defragmenting, SmartDefrag can place the program's files NEXT TO EACH OTHER on disk in the order that they load, unless Windows Prefetching does this better?

* Is it possible for SmartDefrag to defragment the MFT? I've been made aware that a lot of defrag software can NOT do this!!

If it's possible to make SmartDefrag achieve all of the above and still make it free, I reckon you will receive a *LOT* more donations. I really like this program, I've noticed Windows runs much faster since using it. However, I run PageDefrag first as SmartDefrag is currently unable to defragment the system files.

Thank you for reading this.

Hi Tester

Take a look here and read the whole posts:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=612

Cheers

solbjerg

If you would like more donations for this wonderful product, please consider the following:

* I would like SmartDefrag to defragment the system files etc during an “offline defrag”, in other words, you reboot and it defragments the files during boot time that cannot be touched when Windows is running. On the same subject, place the paging file(s) into the MIDDLE of the disk(s), I've read you can improve performance by about 15% if you place it exactly in the middle, I don't know the technical reason(s) as to why that is, but I did read it somewhere.

* When SmartDefrag detects the system files are quite fragmented, it should offer to defragment them by doing an “offline defrag” BEFORE doing the normal defragmenting whilst Windows is running.

* I'm aware the SmartDefrag places some files onto the fastest area of the hard disk, but can we go further than this and continuously watch how programs load their files into memory? When it comes to defragmenting, SmartDefrag can place the program's files NEXT TO EACH OTHER on disk in the order that they load, unless Windows Prefetching does this better?

* Is it possible for SmartDefrag to defragment the MFT? I've been made aware that a lot of defrag software can NOT do this!!

If it's possible to make SmartDefrag achieve all of the above and still make it free, I reckon you will receive a *LOT* more donations. I really like this program, I've noticed Windows runs much faster since using it. However, I run PageDefrag first as SmartDefrag is currently unable to defragment the system files.

Thank you for reading this.

Archived