IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC running too many instances at once?

Using Process Explorer, I am seeing several instances of ASC programs running at once. I was automatically upgraded from the beta to this current version of Ultimate. Are all of these necessary?

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare Ultimate\ASC.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare Ultimate\ASCAvSvc.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare Ultimate\ASCSvc.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare Ultimate\ASCTray.exe

Screenshot attached.

I'm particularly wondering if C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare Ultimate\ASCSvc.exe is a remnant of the prior version, as it is described as Advanced Systemcare Service, whereas the other are all described as being Advanced Systemcare ULTIMATE applications. Do I need to be running BOTH "Services"?

Hi Phaewryn,

ASC.exe==>> Advanced SystemCare process

ASCAvSvc.exe==>>Advanced SystemCare anti-virus service

ASCSvc.exe==>>Advanced SystemCare service

ASCTray.exe==>>Advanced SystemCare system tray icon and the related functions to it.

These are independent services and if you want ASC and it's antivirus both to function correctly, automatic and in full, both services should run.

Cheers.

Archived