IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Reinstalling ASC6

Penmere

Because I've got trouble where ASC defragmenter seems to see folders that do not exist in windows explorer, I tried to reload a fresh version of ASC6. I uninstalled the old version using Revo Uninstaller and downloaded and installed what I thought would be a new version. However the old version had had all scan items deselected except the defragmenter, and the "new" version came up with the same selection. I am using windows 7. I would be grateful to learn how I can install a really new version.

Cheers

Hi Penmere,

Please follow the procedure in Clean Install and download the latest ASC 6.3.0.259 downloadable from the link in Advanced SystemCare 6.3 is released! thread.

The cleaning process is explained for XP, but please do the same for Program Data, for all Users including yourself as a user in AppData\Roaming directories in W7 also.

You have to delete all concerned ASC folders. Unhide hidden folders and files for cleaning. Use a geniune registry cleaner (such as ASC 8-)) to clean the registry.

Cheers.

Reinstalling ASC6

Thanks enoskype for those thorough procedures. I will let you know when I have done it. I decided to uninstall and reinstall ASC6 because the files that would not defrag were in a folder that did not exist in windows explorer. Explorer showed ...../public/public documents/... whereas ASC6 showed ..../public/documents/...

Cheers

libraries

Hi Penmere,

In W7

the document libraries are primary folders and i do not believe they can be deleted, even though they can be empty.

You should have 2

User documents

Public documents.

Dont know why they were not shown in explorer, unless one of them has been hidden. When i do a search i always use the More options and select computer this option includes hidden files.

Roy

hi Roy

Thanks for your message.

When I use Explorer I get

C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/...

and then the expected folders amd files.

When I search for

C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/

I get no items matched my search, whereas if I leave it at C:/Users/Public/

it finds Public Documents.

Oh well, search me!

Penmere

Archived