IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartDefrag 1.01 Uninstall and 1.02 Install

I am using SmartDefrag 1.01. I receive a message that says 1.02 is available. I tell it to install. It will not install because it cannot uninstall 1.01. I go to Add or Remove programs and it will not uninstall 1.01. I try to execute the Uninstall file in the SamrtDefrag folder and it doesn't work either. What do I do?

uninstall

Hi Larry-did you close out the program first?(right click icon on task bar and select exit)also check Win task manager to see if it's running-if that all goes south-use Win search to find files/folders and delete all from there-then go to my Lounge post "newest defrag on CNET" and get a fresh download for 1.02-that should do it(probably just use second option first)post back if need be

Hi Larry-thanks for the update-glad it worked out-it's always good to hear back either way-some of the Admin. guys spend a lot of time giving advice, and usually the replies are only coming when things aren't working-then no replies-so was it solved or not? I just think these guys should be acknowledged for their efforts-so thanks for posting back and letting us know that things are ok :-D

Archived