IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 2_is1 question

Sefton

Greetings - I didn't know whether to post this on the SD thread or the ASC thread, but here it is...

When doing a scan the ASC continually hits on this string in the registry:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Uninstall\Smart Defrag 2_is1

The problem listed is "Obsolete Software", but everytime I run the fix on the scan it never "fixes" it; ie. I get it again on the next scan. (actually, this is true for a few other things, but I'm curious about this one for now).

Can I just go into the registry and delete this Smart Defrag 2_is1 folder?

I currently have Smart Defrag 2.9 installed.

Hello Cicely -

Actually, the ASC scan "Repair" action removes the Smart Defrag 2_is1 folder.

But the next running of Smart Defrag puts it back, and it's the same cycle if another scan is run - with the "Obsolete Software" on the same string in the registry.

The entries in the folder are Name: (Default), Type: REG_SZ, and Data: (value not set)

Am I just missing a value for the Data string? Perhaps that will abort the hit for "Obsolete Software" during a scan.

Archived