IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter killing internet access

c3nunley

Hi c3nunley, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

On the Real-time Protection section, please try to Turn OFF the Browser Guard after clicking on Protect button on the main GUI of IMF 2.2.

Also try Turning OFF and Turning ON the Add Blocker there to see if it has any effect. Same is valid for Cookie Guard too.

Please give feedback.

Cheers.

Hi c3nunley

Good morning to you too sir (by me it is already afternoon :-) )

By me I can access the internet too, but of course the response time is much longer. The IMF also runs much slower.

I think that is to be expected.

My protection setting is the recommended setting - not the high!

Perhaps that can account for your experience - try chosing the recommended setting there please, and see if that helps.

Cheers

solbjerg

Good morning.

I'm hoping someone can give advice on fixing an issue I'm having with MFv2. When it is running and active I cannot access any web content. I have had to turn it off to do any browsing.

I do have the PRO version.

Thanks

Thanks for responding.

I did setup IMF with the recommended settings. The only way I can reply to you is by turning off IMF.

The previous version of IMF ran without hitches. I purchased v2 and have not been able to run it since.

I do have a different anti-virus running now. I'll try a different anti-virus program and see if there could be conflicts there.

I'll let you know.

Fixed

Issue fixed... or so it seems.

When my license ran out on Advanced System Care Ultimate 6 I purchased Advanced System Care Pro 7 without looking to see if it had antivirus included. Since it didn't I downloaded Avira Antivirus.

After installing that I purchased IMF and then the problems began.

I replaced Avira with Avast and now everything is working as it should.

I wish I had looked closer at what I was buying or I would have purchased the Ultimate version of ASC.

Thanks again for the quick replies.

Archived