IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

how can i delete the undelete "folder"?

lred44

Hi all,

I've got ASC7 and I went on undelete and found 35000 files. I want to wipe them all but as it would take so long I did a test. I restored a couple photos and then shredded them (gutmann) but I am still able to restore them.

Is it possible to wipe all 'undeleted' files so they can no longer be restored?

Thanks,

I

Hi lred

First I think it a good idea to read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutmann_method

Among other things it says:

Most of the patterns in the Gutmann method were designed for older MFM/RLL encoded disks

I think that some few overwrites + using the computer normally for some time will make it very, very difficult to recover useful/readable data.

For the normal user I see no need to go to such lengths :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi all,

I've got ASC7 and I went on undelete and found 35000 files. I want to wipe them all but as it would take so long I did a test. I restored a couple photos and then shredded them (gutmann) but I am still able to restore them.

Is it possible to wipe all 'undeleted' files so they can no longer be restored?

Thanks,

I

Thanks for your reply.

All I'm really looking to do is make it so when I click 'undelete files,' ASC can't find any to restore. At the moment it finds 35000 but I'd like to clear it completely but am having no luck.

Cheers,

I

Archived