IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IFP finally needs help :)

IcyFrostPyro

hey guys, my asc no longer works. it doesnt start up and when i click on an icon it gives me an error message saying something like "Windows cannot acces the file, You may not have the permissions to acces this file." I uninstalled it, however the leftover items could not be deleted as "access is denied, make sure the disk is no full or write protected and that the file is not in use. i tried rebooting and deleting it which doesnt work. ive also tried using the free tool Unlocker which failed. I instaled another copy of ASC into another folder but it wont update. so solution? thanks

Hi Icy

You probably have something running in the background - in the systray perhaps - close that and try deleting again.

Cheers

solbjerg

hey guys, my asc no longer works. it doesnt start up and when i click on an icon it gives me an error message saying something like "Windows cannot acces the file, You may not have the permissions to acces this file." I uninstalled it, however the leftover items could not be deleted as "access is denied, make sure the disk is no full or write protected and that the file is not in use. i tried rebooting and deleting it which doesnt work. ive also tried using the free tool Unlocker which failed. I instaled another copy of ASC into another folder but it wont update. so solution? thanks

Hi IFP,

Since you are using SS&D, assuming it is the most recent version, did you try "Erase using Spybot-S&D" right click option to get rid of the files?

or,

Advanced File Remover from eXcessive Software?

Also you can check your Permissions by dial-a-fix.

Cheers.

Archived