IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Automatic defrag problem with SD3

Whiplash

I downloaded and installed SD3 over the installation of SD2.9. Automatic defrag started well and finished it well for the first time. But for all the next automatic degrags it somehow failed. Even it says that last automatic defrag is done today, statistics just doesn't show it. I also didn't noticed system tray icon signaling me that any defraging is going on. So, probably automatic defrag doesn't work anymore.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/812/5ihp.png

Hi Whiplash

Could you please tell me what your settings are for when to defrag - always, 1%, 3%, 5%?

I suppose if the fragmentation rate is below 3% that the need for defragmentation is rather small. i.e. the duration of the defrag will take up much more time than the state of fragmentation will slow the processes in the machine.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. My harddisks are somewhere between 10 to 15 year old and my settings are defragment at 3%, and always when I want to to do a defrag - never automatic. Everything is still running fine (XP OS) (about once a month I run a full chkdsk too)

I downloaded and installed SD3 over the installation of SD2.9. Automatic defrag started well and finished it well for the first time. But for all the next automatic degrags it somehow failed. Even it says that last automatic defrag is done today, statistics just doesn't show it. I also didn't noticed system tray icon signaling me that any defraging is going on. So, probably automatic defrag doesn't work anymore.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/812/5ihp.png

I kept it to 1%. With the v2.9 it worked differently. I never had a day completed without at least 1 defraging. So no any day showed 0 in statistics. But now it just happen. And the worst thing is that it says that defraging is done for all those days too.

I also tried to reinstall the SD3 to see if it will make some changes. But I experienced the same problem again. Automatic defrag is again done only once and just after the installation. Next day is 0 even my PC was idle that day for a long time. Automatic defrag just doesn't work for me.

Hi Whiplash

Ok, - have you tried to change the setting fx. to Always

I do not know if there is some built-in level below which no defragging takes place - seems to me that this would be reasonable.

I haven't tried the version 3 yet though.

Cheers

solbjerg

I kept it to 1%. With the v2.9 it worked differently. I never had a day completed without at least 1 defraging. So no any day showed 0 in statistics. But now it just happen. And the worst thing is that it says that defraging is done for all those days too.

I also tried to reinstall the SD3 to see if it will make some changes. But I experienced the same problem again. Automatic defrag is again done only once and just after the installation. Next day is 0 even my PC was idle that day for a long time. Automatic defrag just doesn't work for me.

Archived