IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Version 3 \ version 2 question - registration

davehorne

I bought version 2 a short time ago and now it automatically upgraded to version 3. I believe my version 2 had an unlimited expiration date - there was no date listed.

I see in the version 3 that the expiration date is in fact given and I have 319 days left.

For some reason I was under the impression I had a lifetime purchase. Am I mistaken? Thanks, Dave Horne

Hi Dave

When you bought your license for AWC 2.x. 46 days ago you probably read the conditions of your purchase, which clearly states that it is for 1 year.

The reason no date was shown I can only speculate on, but I suppose that no one bothered to write it, as they knew that version was to be replaced shortly by version ASC 3.0

No one - to my knowledge - is holding a lifetime license.

The personal version on the other hand is free and therefore requires no license.

Cheers

solbjerg

To be clear, the thread you directed me to was about version 2.

In version 3, I am given an actual date when the program expires. This would appear to be a new issue ... ? ... or not?

Thanks, Dave Horne

I bought version 2 a short time ago and now it automatically upgraded to version 3. I believe my version 2 had an unlimited expiration date - there was no date listed.

I see in the version 3 that the expiration date is in fact given and I have 319 days left.

For some reason I was under the impression I had a lifetime purchase. Am I mistaken? Thanks, Dave Horne

To be clear, the thread you directed me to was about version 2.

In version 3, I am given an actual date when the program expires. This would appear to be a new issue ... ? ... or not?

Thanks, Dave Horne

Hi Dave,

I thought that your inquiry was a combination of both versions!!! :-o

The expiration date was shown in AWC 2 and is shown in ASC 3.

For a certain time period (transition time), it was not shown on AWC 2 and the earlier RCs of ASC 3.

The prices indicated for the licenses are for one year unless stated otherwise in your correspondence with IObit at the time of acquiring the License.

(It was the same with AWC 2, ONE year for 3PCs, the only difference in ASC 3 being, there are alternative prices for 1 PC and 3PCs for ONE year.)

Cheers

Hi dave

Did you not read the answers?

Unless you have a mail from IObit saying that you hold a lifetime subscription, it is for 1 year and you already have used up 46 days of that license period, but you had the reminder transfered to ASC 3.0

Is this sufficiently clear? If not I don't think I can say it any clearer.

Cheers

solbjerg

So, back to my original question in this thread, is my purchase of AWC a lifetime purchase or not? I thought it was. My version 3 shows an expiration date with so many days remaining.

Did I buy a lifetime subscription or not?

Archived