IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

services

solbjerg

Hi

Services is an important tool.

I expect that the commands in Run have lived through the transistions into newer OS's. (My XP is singing its swansong) :-)

So you open it by writing services.msc in Run and enter.

I recently had the problem that my security center told me that I had no antivirus program installed and gave me a warning in the tray-area

This wasn't true - my MSE worked fine, - so somehow the machine wasn't registering this.

I first tried a full diskscan, but this did not produce any change

I then opened services and found Microsoft Antimalware Service.

It showed that it was set to start automatically and that it was started.

On the off-chance that it was somehow hanging I restarted the service - and lo and behold the warning diasappered from the tray and the security center reported that all was well.

I have just written this to make readers aware that a hanging problem sometimes can be the culprit.

Unfortunately it doesn't tell you what caused the problem in the first place.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi austin

I am sorry - perhaps it is called Windows Defender in Windows 7? (my reference frame was in a Danish version of XP)

Doesn't the services.msc in Run work in Windows 7?

Cheers

solbjerg

Is this pre installed on Windows 7? I can't see it in services.msc. icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! No MSE is not pre installed in W7. It is pre installed in W8 and must be turned on. In W8 it is called Windows defender and it can be activated . In W7 you must down load MSE

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/getting-started-with-security-essentials

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/defender-realtime-protection-on-off#1TC=windows-7

I hope this helps??:mrgreen:

Archived