IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why is IObit pulling ASC apart? (Rant)

Targanon

I have a question that is really starting to bug me...well actually its really just my idea for a rant session... so if you are disturbed by people ranting about how hard they are done by then stop reading now...

why is Iobit pulling ASC apart I remember the first year I bought ASC it was an all in one compact system diagnostic tool..

I loved it then they started pulling bits out and making me buy it again.. ok I figure this may be a better version of the tool they took out so I agreed and pay up for the "better tool" !

Now they have removed the malware scanner and are asking me to pay for it again.... is it not enough that I actually buy their main software?

I buy it rather then pirate it.. like many others would do..

On top of that they give me 3 licences to share with my friends...

I tell me friends about the software I think is awesome I do not give them a copy of it for free.. nobody gives me free legal software.. and if they did I would be skeptical of it as I would not believe it be too good if its free.

I believe in ASC I have found to be a very useful and easy to use tool something I would not do without...

and so far have paid for the pro version of every Pro version that Iobit sells ... except Malware..

I mean seriously I would rather have had you bundle it as you have been doing and paid a little more for the bundle...

I'm thinking I need to reevaluate the velue for money I'm getting from IOBIT software perhaps I could find some other bunch of tools that will do what ASC and IOBIT now do for my PC...

I'd also like to say how after installing the free version of IOBITS MALWARE Fighter I was infected with "Randomprice" a particularly nasty Malware ... and found my only course of action was a total fresh install, loosing everything that was on my PC some 3 TB of data photos movies and games. etc all of which I can replace so no biggy except for the family photo and movies... now they my friends are gone forever...

well rant over thanks for reading if you got this far

Hi Targanon

Are you sure your settings are like you want them?

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13622&stc=1&d=1395932209

As you can see I have selected not to run "Malware Threats",

the reason being that I have IMF running automatically, and therefore doesn't need to do it in ASC 7.2 too.

But I can if I so choose.

The prevalent mode of offering an extra application (i.e. toolbar), that has to be deselected, is often a dangerous thing that may open you up to several forms of malware if you forget to deselect it.

The reason here is probably that avarice is the scourge of the human race

Cheers

solbjerg

I have a question that is really starting to bug me...well actually its really just my idea for a rant session... so if you are disturbed by people ranting about how hard they are done by then stop reading now...

why is Iobit pulling ASC apart I remember the first year I bought ASC it was an all in one compact system diagnostic tool..

I loved it then they started pulling bits out and making me buy it again.. ok I figure this may be a better version of the tool they took out so I agreed and pay up for the "better tool" !

Now they have removed the malware scanner and are asking me to pay for it again.... is it not enough that I actually buy their main software?

I buy it rather then pirate it.. like many others would do..

On top of that they give me 3 licences to share with my friends...

I tell me friends about the software I think is awesome I do not give them a copy of it for free.. nobody gives me free legal software.. and if they did I would be skeptical of it as I would not believe it be too good if its free.

I believe in ASC I have found to be a very useful and easy to use tool something I would not do without...

and so far have paid for the pro version of every Pro version that Iobit sells ... except Malware..

I mean seriously I would rather have had you bundle it as you have been doing and paid a little more for the bundle...

I'm thinking I need to reevaluate the velue for money I'm getting from IOBIT software perhaps I could find some other bunch of tools that will do what ASC and IOBIT now do for my PC...

I'd also like to say how after installing the free version of IOBITS MALWARE Fighter I was infected with "Randomprice" a particularly nasty Malware ... and found my only course of action was a total fresh install, loosing everything that was on my PC some 3 TB of data photos movies and games. etc all of which I can replace so no biggy except for the family photo and movies... now they my friends are gone forever...

well rant over thanks for reading if you got this far

I'd also like to say how after installing the free version of IOBITS MALWARE Fighter I was infected with "Randomprice" a particularly nasty Malware

This could be just a plain coincidence. There is nothing that can connect Iobit with the malware.

Anyways, I hope things will work out for you. There's always an answer/fix for every issue. icon_smile.gif

Archived