IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Need a list of IPs to blackhole

DXMage

I need a list of the IP addresses that the IOBit software uses to auto install the adware/crapware. I'm going to block all of them.

I find it HIGHLY offensive that this software goes out to the net and downloads executable files that then spam me, update programs that I didn't want updated, attempt to install unwanted programs with the small little nearly invisible faint blue check marks and have the potential to wreck all kinds of havoc. Yes, even if the said system won't be able to reach the forums there after is fine with me. I will not however have a program spam me like that nor allow it to ever do those things again in the future.

OK well I haven't got a list of IPs however there are a number of files that can be deleted that then prevent Smart Defrag 2 from updating and as far as I can tell prevents it from talking to iobit.com. Now I just have to figure out if I can do the same thing with version 3.

I find it HIGHLY offensive that this software goes out to the net and downloads executable files that then spam me, update programs that I didn't want updated

I highly double that. Those adwares are installed when you first installed Iobit. If I may ask, can you post a screen shot that shows it goes out to the nex=t and download exe files? icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Bleh

I highly double that. Those adwares are installed when you first installed Iobit. If I may ask, can you post a screen shot that shows it goes out to the nex=t and download exe files? icon_smile.gif

(sigh)

...the customer is right and you have to look no further than "Spigot" and more! Developers are just getting too cute with their ways...

-Cowboy

Archived