IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Possible addition to the uninstaller module?

I had an interesting annoyance with my PC recently:

Something was calling wavepad.exe and I couldn't figure out what the hell it was, this kept popping up:

http://i.imgur.com/ygen1w9.jpg

When I went to task manager I saw this:

http://i.imgur.com/3iLxXV3.jpg

I uninstalled Wavepad completely (it was in another folder) using Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7, I removed every entry in the registry relating to wavepad.exe I checked event viewer and couldn't see anything throwing up wavepad.exe yet the problem was still happening.

I've even disabled Program Compatibility Assistant in the hope that stopped it! (Sadly didn't).

Eventually someone suggested I install Sys internals process explorer to see a bit more information, when I did it showed that there was a scheduled task to repeatedly run related to wavepad.exe, I went into task scheduler and deleted the task and the annoyance was gone, so my thoughts are that perhaps cleaning up scheduled tasks is something that Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 could do when uninstalled apps or searching for PC errors to fix etc?

Wavepad.exe

I suspect wavepad.exe was the Wavepad Sound Editor utility which is described as being:

"WavePad Sound Editor is a full-featured professional audio and music editor. It lets you record and edit music, voice and other audio recordings. When editing audio files, you can cut, copy and paste parts of recordings, and then add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction. WavePad works as a wav or mp3 editor, but it also supports a number of other file formats including vox, gsm, wma, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg, and more."

Archived