IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Microsoft urges recent Patch Tuesday updates be uninstalled

enoskype

Well, apparently, I got this dreaded update. :x After installing the update, I restarted my laptop and was then hopelessly stuck on the lock screen. Thankfully, I have Geek Squad protection. I phoned tech support immediately. However, nothing we tried helped. So I had to take it into Geek Squad and had to leave it there. They ran hardware diagnostics to rule out any problems...none found. So I chose the option to have them wipe everything out and start new. Thankfully, there was nothing that couldn't be replaced fairly quickly since I only bought it a couple months ago. Not sure if Geek Squad knew right away that this update is what caused it or not because it was August 13th (the day after the release of the update.)

Now everytime I see an update from windows, I'm almost afraid to get it. Thanks to the info offered here, I can now check to make sure that I don't install it again. I also installed the Boot UI Tuner that enoskype recommended in another thread. So now if something happens, I can immediately choose a boot option. Thumbs up

This is the reason why I have auto updates disabled. I only do it if something's not working on my behalf and carefully checking if the particular update will solve the issue. I think Microsoft don't test it thoroughly but just went ahead and deploy the updates. I have seen a lot of instances about this already. 1.gif

Archived