IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Memory Cleaner Suggestion

vk3xem

I would like to see the Memory Cleaner be fully intergrated into AWC and have it dynamically display the current memory usage in the system tray, similar to Windows Task Manager.

At the least if when Memory Cleaner is minimised to the system tray have dynamically display the usage.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

• 2 months later...
I would like to see the Memory Cleaner be fully intergrated into AWC and have it dynamically display the current memory usage in the system tray, similar to Windows Task Manager.

At the least if when Memory Cleaner is minimized to the system tray have dynamically display the usage.

I agree in that I think it would be good to have this tool run separately in the system tray showing available memory, with various options such as percentage or actual free memory OR percentage or actual used memory. And, to allow for a threshold to be set for reclaiming memory and to ignore memory usage by user-specified applications.

I think that's a good start for our favorite tool developers. :razz:

Best,

Jeff

Hi vk3m & grim deeds,

It has been discussed elsewhere in the forum that it is probably better to let XP or Vista manage the memory because the memory management in these two OS's are much more advanced. However, if you have been doing things that use a lot of memory, the memory cleaner is good for a quick release if you need memory freed up. Other than that, if you have one of these os's it is best not to leave it running.

samr.

• 7 months later...

At the least if when Memory Cleaner is minimised to the system tray have dynamically display the usage.

Hi vk3xem,

At last, your suggestion has found a way in AWC and system tray :)

Tim,

This MemCleaner (SmartRAM) is very useful and functional.

Thank you.

Cheers.

Archived