IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 7 install issues

CKCustom

I am having an issue with win7 install getting stuck on "windows starting" screen.

Now first of all I have installed windows products since the 90's so when I ask this I have tried all the obvious solutions. I don't mean to be condescending but I wanted to ask for real help this problem is #$%^&* me off. lol

I have had this install isssue on two different laptops:

Dell XPS M1210 13" screen

Intel Centrino Duo

New HD

DVD

Memory

all diagnostics are green checked

2nd laptop

Gateway MA7 MX6959

win7

new HD

Badbattery

all other hardware checked and working ok best of knowledge.

Both these laptops are working fine except they stop install at the same point and will not continue I need help. What can cause 2 different laptops to have the same problem using multiple OS <win8.1, win8, win7 4diff disk, win XP> all showing same lock-up at win start screen.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the reference you gave me but unfortunately because it will not start I would only have dos to run any checks or test. I can enter Bios and run all of those checks which it passed and I am not sure where I could find a dos program that could help me.

Hi CK,

the only thing i can think of is the boot order, which have you got set as the primary?, from what i understand 8 must be installed first then other OS,, because of the secure/eufi conditions set by its install, would suggest you pop over to eightforum for more info on dual booting.

Roy

Archived