IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto Defrag setting question

kd4pdy

Can anyone tell me if there is a setting allowing auto defrag to do multiple drives. I am looking to have both drive C: and D: auto defrag in the background.

Thanks

Jim B.

- - -

"No trees were killed in the sending of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced".

multiple drives

Hi kd4pdy-I don't use the auto-defrag myself,but I do know that the GUI upon opening allows you to check the boxes for the drives that you want to defrag and/or optimize-whether or not selecting auto at this point will include both drives checked is unknown to me-it would seem that it should. Additionally,if that second drive is only your back-up or recovery,a one time defrag and optimize should do the trick.I'm sure one of the Admins. will weigh in on this with a more definitive answer-stay tuned

IcyFrostPyro,

Thanks for the response. I should have been more elabrate with my question. Second drive is not for backup it is a working drive for video editing and other stuff. Video elements have a tendency to get scattered across the drive. I can, and do a defrag and optimize before working on projects but would like to have the drive better prepared before I go to burn. I have noticed a increase project load times and working on projects unless things are packed together. I have a schedule to run that will do this every second Tuesday (default settings). one option is to change this. but didn't really want to go there if not needed.

Detailer,

Thanks for the sugestion. Been there, done that, no change. No matter what the settings are under the Defrag screen, auto degrag only picks up drive C: and wil not optimize.

I have downloaded ver 1.03 still no options changes in new version.

Jim B.

- - -

Man is the best computer ... and the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor. - Werner Von Braun (1912-1977

Archived